Monday, October 25, 2010

3 Colleagues

Thank you Amy for including the information about the Yup'ik word for food (fish).  I also found that very significant when I was watching the TD video. 

Alison, you share a very unique perspective on living in Alaska.  Thank you.  I would imagine your sense of loss is shared.  In one of the videos, a parent was speaking about how there is less fish but they still go to the fish camp every summer.  They just spend more time playing in hopes that their children will still cherish fish camp and the tradition of going.  This sounds very similar to the way you are trying to share your experiences with your daughter the best you can.  Thank you for pointing out the information the lack of information given about still registering the aftershocks of the 1964 earthquake.  I found myself going... huh.. really?  Wow... how do they know is the the 1964 earthquake, and then yes, the film ended.     

Cheryl Explore Palmer!  The picture of your father-in-law in the crack from the 1964 earthquake is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment